Greater Manchester Fire & Rescue Service is the Petroleum Enforcing Authority (PEA) for Greater Manchester, this function is carried out on behalf of Greater Manchester Combined Authority.

As the PEA, we are responsible for the issuing of Petroleum Storage Certificates (PSC) to businesses and organisations that store and dispense petrol. There is guidance on the Health and Safety Executive website to find out if this applies to you. 

If you are the owner or responsible person of a dispensing premises, then you are required to complete a risk assessment to find out what dangerous substances are present in your workplace and what the fire and explosion risks are. The Dangerous Substances and Explosives Atmospheres Regulations (DSEAR) 2002 is the legislations that covers the safe working requirements. Further information and guidance can be found on the HSE Website.

Petroleum Storage Certificates

Learn more about petroleum storage certificates, fees, and how to apply

Domestic and Non-Workplace Storage

Find out more about storing petrol in domestic and non-workplace areas

Inspections of Certificated Premises

Learn more about petroleum inspections

Environmental Requests

Find out more about petroleum environmental searches, and how to request one