Balconies can be a great place to spend time and get some fresh air. Make sure you enjoy your balcony safely.
- Do not use chimineas, BBQs, disposable BBQs, fire pits, candles or any other form of open fire under any circumstances. If you have a wooden balcony the risk is even greater. Fumes can travel upwards to the flats above and could cause CO poisoning
- Never store or set off fireworks or flares on your balcony.
- Remove rubbish, reduce clutter, and try and keep items on the balcony to a minimum. Especially soft furnishings and flags.
- Never store flammable materials such as gas bottles on your balcony.
- If you smoke, make sure you stub cigarettes out and never flick them off your balcony. Use a suitable ashtray and dispose of the contents safely by using a metal bucket full of water or sand.
If you have concerns about balconies on your building in the first instance, contact your landlord.