What is a safe and well visit?
The Safe and Well service undertakes a person-centred fire risk assessment and provide fire safety advice and interventions that are tailored to the needs of the household, in order to effectively reduce the risk of fire in the home.
Safe and well visit - coronavirus (COVID-19)
To limit the contact between fire service staff and members of the public due to coronavirus (COVID-19) and to ensure we use our resources as effectively as possible, Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service will only be providing Safe and Well advice for the following people:
- Those subject to an ‘urgent threat to life’ via a potential arson attack.
- People in our communities who are most vulnerable to fire. This includes people whose fire risk is increased by one or more of the following:
- their physical or mental health or social care needs
- their lifestyle
- their occupations or routines
- the physical and social environment in which they live
Following government guidance around social distancing and limiting the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) where we do give Safe and Well advice, this will now be done over the telephone.
In the first instance, if you are worried about your fire safety, or someone you know, visit our safety pages for more information to help you stay safe.
To self-refer, householders should:
- telephone our Contact Centre on FREEPHONE 0800 555 815
- complete a Safe and Well Self-Referral Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a partner and would like to refer your service users, clients, patients or tenants:
- telephone our Contact Centre on FREEPHONE 0800 555 815 to request a Safe and Well visit
- or complete a Safe and Well Self-Referral Form (opens in a new tab) and email it to email@example.com
Latest Topic News
Safe and well visit