We want everyone to have a safe and happy Bonfire Night and would encourage Greater Manchester residents to attend organised displays across the city-region.
If you want to host your own bonfire event, please ensure that you read and follow the guidelines below and the Firework Safety Code.
- Bonfires should be 18 metres from buildings, trees, fences, overhead cables and car parking areas. Only clean, dry timber should be burned
- Do not burn:
- foam-filled furniture
- tins of paint
- Bonfires should be no more than 3 metres in height. There should be a suitable barrier around the bonfire to keep spectators 5 metres away
- Do not using the following to light the bonfire:
- white spirit or methylated spirit
- Use firelighters to light a bonfire
- Always check that no children or animals are hiding in the bonfire before lighting
- Keep some buckets of water nearby in case of emergency and to damp down after the event
- Bonfires built on council land without permission will be removed
To report unofficial bonfires on public land please contact your local council.