We are not currently recruiting volunteers.
You can still register your interest in becoming a GMFRS volunteer by emailing VolunteerCofirstname.lastname@example.org with your name, email, address and telephone number.
We will add your name to the volunteer recruitment list and contact you when we are able to start to offer opportunities. You can request your name to be removed at any time.
GMFRS Volunteers make a vital contribution to the work we do and their communities. To ensure our volunteering roles are always purposeful and meaningful, and add value to our activities, we are reviewing our Volunteering Programme.
Reasons to be a GMFRS Volunteer
- Be part of a great team and make lots of new friends
- Gain work experience within a leading emergency service
- Out of pocket expenses paid
- Opportunity to view and apply for our internal vacancies
- Learn about fire safety and develop links with other groups and organisations
- Develop and improve your confidence communicating with lots of different people, cultures and backgrounds
- Get to attend training courses relevant to your volunteering role, useful on both a personal and professional level
- Relevant uniform provided
- Regular feedback and one to one sessions with a volunteer coordinator