Plan on A Page 2022 - Annual Delivery Plan (HTML)
Annual Delivery Plan 2022-23
- OUR MISSION: Protecting communities, working together, saving lives
- OUR VISION: A modern, flexible, resilient fire and rescue service
- OUR VALUES: Excellence, Honesty, Inclusive, Professionalism In Our Role, and Respect
PRIORITY 1: Provide a fast, safe, and effective response:
- Introduce our new Response Strategy.
- Implement learning from the Manchester Arena Inquiry.
- Implement a new Service-wide MTA capability.
- Put our Fire Cover Review on a three-yearly cycle starting this year.
- Introduce a Wildfire Burns Team.
- Implement a new fitness policy.
- Introduce six new fire engines, a Scorpion vehicle, and 15 electric/hybrid vehicles.
PRIORITY 2: Help people reduce the risk of fires and other emergencies:
- Introduce our new Prevention Strategy and Education Framework.
- Embed our new Home Fire Safety Assessments and deliver 28K visits.
- Launch a refreshed Firesetters programme and introduce an adults’ programme.
- Develop a plan to expand our Prince’s Trust and Fire Cadet programmes.
PRIORITY 3: Help protect the built environment
- Introduce our new Protection and Business Engagement strategies.
- Plan for the introduction of the new Building Safety Regulator.
- Develop a strategy to further reduce attendance at AFAs.
- Pilot training for crews to do protection audits in low-risk premises.
- Continue to implement learning from the Grenfell Tower Inquiry.
- Implement a new Operational Intelligence Policy and Guidance.
PRIORITY 4: Use resources sustainably and deliver the most value
- Introduce our new Efficiencies and Productivity Plan and deliver efficiencies of £788k.
- Implement an intranet for GMFRS.
- Complete works at Littleborough Community Fire Station and Bury Training and Safety Centre.
- Start building a new community fire station in Blackley.
- Implement a station refresh programme investing £2M.
- Complete carbon reduction schemes at five fire stations.
PRIORITY 5: Develop a culture of excellence, equality, and inclusivity
- Implement our new EDI and Talent Management strategies.
- Launch a new Promotion Pathway and Leadership Development Framework.
- Deliver a Frontline Leaders’ course for new Crew Managers and equivalent.
- Strengthen our Engaged Leaders’ programme and implement a Cultural Sounding Board.
- Continue to build an increasingly diverse workforce.
- Launch our improved Employee Rewards and Recognition Framework.
PRIORITY 6: Integrate our services in every locality with those of partner agencies
- Introduce our new Framework for Integrated Place Based Working, including a pilot in Wigan.
- Continue to support the Local Resilience Forum.
- Create a three-year plan for blue light collaboration.
- Launch leadership development and mutual mentoring programmes.
- Support a Greater Manchester Water Safety Summit.
- Redefine our role within the Safer Roads Partnership.