Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service
146 Bolton Road
Tel: 0161 736 5866
For a FREE Home Safety Check please call:
In Greater Manchester we are committed to reducing fire deaths and injuries by ensuring that every home in the county has a working smoke alarm. To ensure that this happens we are offering FREE Safe and Well visits that may include FREE fitted 10 year smoke alarms, where appropriate.
We carry out FREE Safe and Well visits, where we will assess the potential fire risks in your home, providing personalised fire safety advice, health and wellbeing advice, and home security advice.
To ensure that everyone in your household knows how to escape safely in the unfortunate event of a fire occurring in your home, we will also help you make an escape plan for everyone in the household.
A Safe and Well visit is a person-centred home visit where we will:
• Visit your home at a convenient time.
• Carry out a room by room safety check of your property identifying and making you aware of any potential fire risks.
• Ensure you have a working smoke alarm on each floor level that you use and if you don’t, we may fit a FREE ten year smoke alarm where appropriate.
• Help you put together an escape plan in case a fire breaks out in the future.
• We will also offer advice on home security and health and wellbeing, where appropriate.
Booking a FREE Safe and Well visit couldn't be simpler. Simply call 0800 555 815 or fill in the form below.